If you’ve been part of a semi truck accident in Chicago, or you have a loved one who perished in an accident involving a large tractor-trailer, you deserve to be compensated.
A serious trucking accident can cause a variety of physical disabilities, and result in permanent psychological and mental trauma. Not only that, you may end up with thousands of dollars in medical bills, lost wages, or a permanent disability that prevents you from going back to your previous lifestyle.
If you or a family member has been involved in a semi truck accident, you need to get help from a professional Chicago semi truck accident lawyer. At Dinizulu Law Group, Ltd., we fight for your rights – and help you get the compensation that you deserve.
Get What You Deserve With A Professional Chicago Semi Truck Accident Lawyer
Proving negligence will be necessary to support legal requests for comprehensive damage awards favoring truck accident victims in Chicago. Common types of truck accident negligence involve cargo load complications, driver error, and lapses in maintenance .
Overloaded cargo mishaps may cause extensive accident damage.
The size and weight of a large truck against that of a passenger vehicle may result in extensive damage and serious injury after a truck’s heavy weight and length compromises maneuverability and braking distances, leading to crash, jackknife and rollover scenarios where multi-vehicle involvement occurs. Cargo is an important safety consideration for trucking companies, and is often dependent solely on the people who load and/or drive these large trucks that already have limited maneuverability in certain traffic patterns. If an accident is caused by poorly or overloaded cargo, other parties besides the driver may be held responsible for damages from the accident.
Overloading cargo is evident when a truck is carrying more than the specific maximum weight designed for the truck. A trucking company may do this to avoid making more than one trip that would cost more road time and fuel. An overloaded truck can cause an accident because:
- the added weight requires longer stopping distances,
- tires may not be able to support the extra weight and cause blowout situations,
- mechanical components may not be able to bear the weight increasing downhill speeds and decreasing uphill speed of a truck, and most importantly a shift in cargo weight could cause an overturn or jackknife situation.
Driver error may be due to the lack of, or improper training; poor health leading to medical episodes while driving; reckless behavior including drinking, drugs, or speeding; driver fatigue, or distracted driving; and the inability to control the vehicle in situations where driver skill and quick reaction time is required to avoid an accident.
Evidence that may support a claim of negligence in a Chicago truck accident includes:
- Testimony of witnesses, other passengers, or injured parties,
- Truck driver’s admissions of fault directly after the accident or sometime later,
- Crash scene photographs,
- Safety reports on vehicles involved in the accident completed before and after the truck accident,
- Blood alcohol tests of other drivers, or hospital blood tests that reveal intoxication of some sort related to drugs or alcohol,
- Cell phone records to make sure drivers were not texting, or making calls at the time of the truck accident causing a distracted driver situation,
- Event data recordings,
- GPS information,
- Trucking company bills of lading,
- Trucking company maintenance logs.
Federal trucking law violations may weigh in favor of an accident victim when negligence can be proven by an experienced Chicago tractor trailer accident lawyer at Dinizulu Law Group.
A trucking company is responsible for maintaining their vehicles, or providing proof that independent contractors are driving safe vehicles when performing transport work under their employment umbrella. Wheel and damaged tire problems are high on the list of maintenance mishaps that result in costly truck accidents in Illinois. Simple steps to maintain vehicles would reduce the possibility of:
- Tread burn,
- Tread separation,
- Spare tire use,
- Problems with the wheel, or rim.
When a truck tire breaks apart, tire debris can become a deadly projectile thrown through the air landing on vehicles, or causing dangerous conditions on the highway itself, leading drivers to swerve and lose control of their vehicles.
Skilled Chicago Illinois tractor trailer accident attorneys at Dinizulu Law Firm can address these common shortcomings associated with trucking accidents, as well as others where a truck driver, truck maintenance personnel, cargo loader, or the trucking company may have been responsible for harms to another person.
You need someone who is on your side when you’ve been involved in a semi truck accident. We don’t represent trucking companies, their insurers, or any other third party. We only have your best interests in mind, and we will fight tooth-and-nail to get you the money you deserve for damages.
Here are just a few statistics that show why you need Dinizulu Law Group, Ltd., to fight for you after a truck accident.
- The average overall cost of a semi-truck accident is over $7 million – The cost of an accident with a truck that is pulling at least 1 trailer is over $7 million. These costs include insurance payouts, medical bills, the replacement of damaged property, and legal fees. If you’ve been injured or hurt, you deserve to be compensated!
- 1 in 10 deaths on US roads are caused by semi trucks – A fully loaded semi-truck can weigh in excess of 80,000lbs. For comparison, the average passenger vehicle weighs in at about 4,000lbs. Because semi trucks are so large and heavy, a semi truck accident is much more likely to cause a fatality or debilitating injury, according to the IIHS.
- 88% of truck accidents are caused by negligence – An FMCSA study has shown that most truck accidents are caused by negligence on the part of truck drivers. Sleep deprivation and inattentive lane changes are the biggest causes, though DUI/DWI is also a factor. Typically, drivers of passenger vehicles are not found at-fault in truck accidents.
Free consultations are for injury cases only. Contact the Dinizulu Law Group, Ltd. for a consultation at 312-384-1920
Semi truck accidents can change your life forever, or even cost you the life of one that is near and dear to your heart. You deserve to be compensated, and our Chicago semi truck accident attorneys are here to help at Dinizulu Law Group, Ltd.
Contact Us Now – Get Started And See If You Have A Case
We know that high legal fees can make proper representation hard for some Chicago residents. That’s why we always offer our first consultation free of charge. You can meet with one of our qualified Chicago semi truck accident lawyers, and see if you have a case.
In addition, we work on a contingency fee basis. We get paid only if you recover funds – otherwise, you do not owe us a dime.
So don’t wait. There’s no risk, and you can get your case assessed for free. Contact Dinizulu Law Group now by phone at (312) 384-1920, or call us toll-free at 1-800-693-1LAW(1529). You can also contact us online, or by email at [email protected].
We look forward to meeting you, and helping you get the compensation you deserve in Chicago.