CHICAGO, IL – Rideshare companies, including Uber and Lyft, have changed how we view travel. From a click on your phone, you’re able to arrange transportation in seconds, making traveling and commuting easy. While they may make our lives easier, rideshare vehicles get into accidents, and Uber or Lyft crashes can cause devastating and catastrophic consequences.
Liability Following an Uber or Lyft Accident
When determining who you can hold liable after a rideshare accident, it can be challenging especially when numerous factors dictate who you can hold responsible. Factors including whose negligence caused the accident and whether the rideshare driver was logged into the app can play into who you can hold accountable for the collision.
In some situations, there may even be multiple parties involved, including:
- The rideshare driver if their reckless and negligent driving caused the accident.
- Third parties
- The rideshare company
There are a number of complex factors in a rideshare accident which is why you need to speak to an experienced Uber or Lyft lawyer to explain your legal options after being involved in a rideshare crash. Contact the experienced car accident attorneys at the Dinizulu Law Group as soon as possible after a collision to review your case and determine what legal remedies you can pursue, who can be held liable and much more.
Types of Compensation You Can Pursue After a Rideshare Accident
If you pursue a lawsuit following a rideshare accident, you may be entitled to certain types of compensation including:
- Economic damages are payments for the quantifiable losses that result from an accident. These include:
- Medical bills from medications, doctor visits, hospital stays, medical devices, surgeries and other types of medical treatment
- Expenses related to property damages
- Ongoing medical expenses
- Replacement domestic services
- Reduced earning capacity
- Lost business opportunities
- Lost income
- Non-economic damages refers to payment for the subjective and hard-to-prove losses that result from a crash. This includes:
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
- Inconvenience or humiliation due to the injuries resulting from the crash
Discuss the situation with a skilled lawyer to determine which damages you can pursue after an Uber or Lyft accident. A legal professional will determine what damages you can pursue, whether you have a viable legal claim and go after the financial recovery you deserve.
Contacting an Experienced Rideshare Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a rideshare accident due to another person’s negligence and are considering legal action, contact an experienced rideshare accident attorney as soon as possible. Our team of skilled attorneys will review your accident in detail, figure out what happened and who was at fault, and determine your legal options.
For further information regarding your legal options after a rideshare accident and whether you can pursue a lawsuit, contact our team today for a free, no-obligation consultation today at (312) 384-1920.