CHICAGO, IL – A truck accident can lead to a variety of injuries, ranging from mild to severe. The physical and emotional toll of truck accident injuries including spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries and broken bones can be life-altering and life-threatening.
At the Dinizulu Law Group, our team of experienced attorneys are here to offer support, resources and a team of trusted legal counsel. If you or a loved one has been affected by a truck accident, a Chicago truck accident lawyer from our team is ready to assist you. Call us at (312) 384-1920 for a free consultation to begin your journey towards healing and rightful compensation.
Common causes of truck accidents
In the fast-paced world of transportation, commercial trucks play a pivotal role in keeping goods flowing across the country from coast to coast; however, the size and weight of trucks also bring significant risks to America’s roadways.
Common causes of truck accidents include:
- Driver fatigue from spending long hours on the road which leads to exhaustion leading to imparing a truck driver’s focus and reaction times.
- Speeding and reckless driving from pressure to meet deadlines which tempt truckers to exceed speed limits which increases the risk of crashes.
- Distracted driving from cellphone usage, navigation systems or eating will divert the truck driver’s attention from the road.
- Poor truck maintenance from neglected maintenance of brakes, tires and other critical components leading to equipment failure.
- Adverse weather conditions including rain, snow or fog make driving extremely hazardous, especially for large commercial trucks.
- Intoxication or substance use.
- Inadequate training results in a truck driver lacking the essential skills to handle challenging situations.
- Tailgating and improper lane changes from aggressive driving behaviors increase the likelihood of collisions.
- Overloaded trucks exceeding weight limits can compromise a truck’s stability and handling capabilities.
- Fatigue and lack of rest breaks can impair a driver’s alertness and judgment.
Understanding the common causes is important in promoting road safety and holding those responsible for driving commercial trucks accountable. If you’ve been involved in a truck accident for any of these reasons, consult a skilled truck accident lawyer to protect your rights and pursue fair compensation.
Types of injuries resulting from truck accidents
The aftermath of a truck accident can leave the lives of those injured permanently life-altered, future uncertainty and even fatalities. Injuries resulting from truck accidents can be catastrophic. Some of the most common types of truck accident injuries include:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Bone fractures
- Internal injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Ligament and spine injuries
- Internal Bleeding
- And more
Truck accidents can cause various injuries and their impact on victims’ lives can be devastating. If you or a loved one have experienced any of these injuries due to a truck accident, seeking legal representation is crucial to protect your rights.
Contacting a truck accident attorney
The road to recovery after enduring injuries from a truck accident can be daunting, but you don’t have to face it alone. The result of truck accident injuries can be catastrophic and devastating, both physically and emotionally, leaving victims and their families in need of support.
The Dinizulu Law Group’s compassionate and trusted attorneys are dedicated to fighting for your rights and pursuing the compensation you deserve. While you focus on healing and rebuilding your life, our skilled legal team will fight the legal burden. If you or a loved one has suffered from a truck accident in Chicago, don’t hesitate to reach out for a free consultation by calling us at (312) 384-1920.